Networking with Professionals
Statistically, 47% of seniors past age 80 have limited mobility while 35% have transportation difficulties. Of this age group, 79% have significant hearing loss. In addition, several reports show that untreated hearing loss is associated with higher risks of many serious problems for seniors including: depression, isolation, dementia and falling with injuries.
For the senior population, making multiple trips to an office for hearing exams, hearing aid delivery, fitting modifications, sound adjustments, and aftercare services is an arduous and often impossible task. Despite a genuine need, options for dedicated in-home hearing aid services are minimal.
As the senior population grows, the need for in-home hearing aid services grow proportionally. The Ear Man recognizes the importance of making hearing aids and hearing aid service as easy to obtain as possible and we dedicate our expertise to fill that need.
With nearly forty years in the hearing aid industry, our experience lends itself to every aspect of our profession. Our practice works with other businesses that provide home care for seniors by making house calls and providing hearing aids and all related care to patients unable to make repeated office visits. To help individuals live fuller lives, we bring our 39 years of hearing aid experience to the patient’s doorstep!
Benefits for Your Patients
- Improve your patients’ lifestyle by providing professional, convenient and reliable in-home hearing aid services.
- Provide your patients with exceptional sound quality by programming hearing aids where the patient spends most of their time: in their home. Hearing aids will be programmed while the patient is listening to their T.V., talking on their telephone and conversing in their living environment.
- Flexible evening and weekends hours offered, particularly well-suited for the patients whose family may want to participate with their relatives’ hearing needs.
The Benefits of Referring
- Garner new referrals from satisfied patients, their friends, family and other referring professionals who will appreciate this new service
- Better position the scope of your services to best meet the needs of the growing older senior demographic
List of Services Offered
The Ear Man Inc., has an extensive background of providing in-home hearing aid services.
We are a fully equipped, insured and completely mobile team of licensed hearing aid professionals.
Our services include:
- • Otoscopy: visual inspection of the ear canal and tympanic membrane to ensure the ears are healthy and do not have excessive cerumen
- • Accurate and comprehensive audiometric hearing aid evaluations to determine hearing loss, hearing aid candidacy and appropriate hearing aid selection
- • Consultation regarding proper selection of hearing aids that will best suit the individuals hearing loss, personal needs and preferences
- • Ear impressions for custom fitted hearing aids
- • Delivery of hearing aids
- • Custom fitting of hearing aids to ensure comfort, including modification as required
- • Precise computer programming to maximize speech intelligibility and tailor sound quality for individual needs and preferences
- • Patient instruction regarding proper use and operation of hearing aids
- • Patient instruction regarding proper maintenance of hearing aids and accessories